The students from this school have been excelling in academics at various forums. The details of various selections are as follows:
|No. of students selected for Medical colleges||01|
|No. of students selected for Engg .colleges||20|
|No. of students selected for BDS colleges||04|
|No. of students selected for BBA||02|
|No. of students selected for BCA||02|
|No. of students selected for Medical colleges||01|
|No. of students selected for Engg .colleges||25|
|No. of students selected for BDS colleges||02|
|No. of students selected for BBA||04|
|No. of students selected for BCA & COMP. SCIENCE||07|
|No. of students selected for BCOM||15|
|No. of students selected for BSC(AGRICULTURE, BIO CHEMISTRY)||02|
1) All India classical music and dance competition RUNAK JHUN JHUN in which MASTER SALIL BHAYANI of 8th standard of cgps was selected for the vocal performance which was telecasted on DD BHARATI held in December 2002.
2) During the visit of honorable president of India DR. APJ ABDUL KALAM TO CGPS the school choir presented a song which was his own written poem “MY MOTHER” which was set to tune by music teacher cgps Mr. Amaresh Chaturvedi which was highly appreciated by him and a copy of audio CD of the song was asked to be sent to him as per the call from the Rashtrapati Bhavan, new Delhi. The school choir recorded CD in air Daman, a singing programmed of 30 minutes and was sent to the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
3) In the year 2003, on 15th of February, cgps students represented the school in the cultural programmed under the guidance of Mr. Amaresh Chaturvedi, held in Mumbai at the regional head quarters of the coast guard on the occasion of silver jubilee celebration. The performance of cgps students was highly appreciated by honorable director general and other officials. Total 26 students participated in this cultural programmed.
4) In the year 2005, Miss Anumeha Agrawal topped at the zonal level in the national balshree competition in music and participated at the national level competition at New Delhi. She was awarded a cheque of Rs. 6,000 each for the period of July 2005 to June 2007 towards the payment of scholarship under the cha-cha Nehru scholarship for artistic and innovative excellence scheme.
5) On the occasion of classical dance day organized by SPIC MACAY which is a national classical programmed arranging organization, in which 2 of the cgps students Miss Anumeha Agrawal and Miss Prachi Agrawal obtained 1st and 2nd prizes respectively in solo and also in duet they obtained the 1st prize in the year 2006.
6) On 23rd to 25th of November, 2006, 33 students of cgps performed few folk dances at pawai. All the participants were congratulated on the stage by the honorable Comdt. Of Japanese coast guard for the cultural show as a token of appreciation, gifts were given to all.
7) In 2008, Miss Niharika Pandey of standard 9th was selected for the zonal level competition of balshree at Vadodara.
8) On 4 January, 2009, Master Aditya Chaturvedi, the youngest participant of the musical solo singing competition got the 1st prize, the winner’s trophy and was selected to represent Vapi in voice of Gujarat, the famous television singing competition (in association with DIC Valsad, government of Gujarat).
9) In September, 2009, Miss Apurva Bharadwaj of class 8th, and Miss Sukanya Sarkar of class 10th, topped at the regional balshree and got selected for the zonal level at vadodara. Miss Sukanya Sarkar topped at the zonal level too and reached the national level in December 2009.
10)During the visit of honorable minister of state Shree Ajay Maken, on 27th march, 2010 at swami Vivekananda hall, 16 students of cgps, daman gave a singing programmed with school band and orchestra and also during the visit of minister of home affairs Shree Mullah Pally Ramchandran, on 19th July, 2010 in which 25 students of cgps, daman gave a singing programmed. Both the programmed were highly appreciated by all the dignitaries and minister of parliament Daman gave an amount of Rs. 2,500 as a token of appreciation to the participants.
11) National child award for exceptional achievement was given to Apurva Bharadwaj, in the field of music, dance and orating. She was awarded by independent charge, minister of women and child development, New Delhi Smt. Krishna Tirth with a silver medal, a certificate and an amount of Rs. 10,000.
12) Miss Madhuri Patil of class 9th, in performing arts (music) and was selected for the zonal level competition in the 1st week of January, 2012 for the coming national balshree.
13) Honorable chief justice of India Altamaz Kabir visited Moti Daman in 2011 in which cgps choir and orchestra gave a classical vocal performance which was publically highly appreciated during his speech.
14) Master Siddhartha Chatterjee of class 6th was selected for the award of national scholarship (classical music) in the 1st round audition at Mumbai on 25th June, 2011 organized by center for cultural resources and training (under the aegis of ministry of culture, government of India)
15) Apart from these achievements cgps choir and band/orchestra performed in front of world re-known great musicians of India such as:
(A) In 2004, Pandit Ronu Majumdar (Musical instrument - flute) in cgps daman
(B) Smt. DR Shubha Mudgal classical vocal in education hall, daman
(C) In 2005, Shree Pradeep Kumar Barot (Musical instrument - Sarod) in cgps daman
(D) In 2007, dr. Smt. N. Rajan (musical instrument – violin) organized by the spic MacKay organization, Silvassa chapter. Spic MacKay is the society for the promotion of Indian classical music and culture amongst youth, which was founded in 1977 as a nonprofit, voluntary, non political and participatory student movement registration under the society & #8217;s registration act 1860. It has a central executive body in new delhi.
(E) Cgps choir and orchestra/band performed in various administrative programmed such as Rashtriya Sankalp divas, Gandhi Jayanti celebration, government of India scheme organized by social welfare department, Rashtriya Ekta divas, etc.
(F) Cgps students apart from singing also gave various dance performances on various prestigious occasions like world environment day celebration and other such important administrative programmed.
The School is affiliated to NCC Air Wing Baroda . First batch of NCC comprising of 25 students passed out in the year 2009. This year nine girls have been included for the first time in the batch of 25. Mr Jignesh Patel, PET (ANO - Assistant NCC Officer) is the care taker and has undergone training at Chennai Tambaram for 55 days for Pre Commissioning Course in the month of Nov – Dec 2009. The School NCC wing has brought laurels to the School during the Daman Liberation Day and Republic Day March Past organized by UT Administration. It won the Best troop, best cadet (Mst Aareen) and also 09 awards in various events conducted at the zonal NCC camp held at Baroda in 2010.
In the month of Jan 2011 our NCC cadets excelled in the zonal NCC Camp held at Baroda. The cadets won The Best Troop, Best Cadet and 09 other prizes
Mst VIGNESH NAIR did school proud by getting selected for NDA.
Our students won cash prizes worth Rs 50,000/- in the UT level Science & Technology Exhibition.
Ms ATHIRA NAIR, VII-C is student selected from India for International painting competition held at Washington in Jun 2011.
Ms AVANI CHABAR, VII-B was ranked IIIrd at National Level Painting and received a Personal Computer. Mst ROHAN, IV-A & SUDIPT MOHANTY, V-C were ranked VII th and Ms PRITA, VI-A ranked IXth in the same event.
Mst Nirmal Singh Negi ( IX - B) participated GSFC Gujarat major ranking badminton tournament-2012 organized by Baroda Badminton Association at Sir Sayaji Vihar Club & Polo Club. from 13th june 2012.
He was declared Runner Up. in Boys U - 17 Single event
Ms Apoorva Bhardwaj (XI - A) has bagged , I place at National Level programme of 'Nation Wide Drive against Alcohol and Substance (Drug) Abuse and Illicit Trafficking " on 26th June 2012 on ' International Day Against Drug Abuse & Illicit Trafficking" by Sri Ajay Maker.
Mst. Ashwin U Iyer (Std VI-A) is delared "Best Child Artist ( Male) 2012" for acting in Malayalam Movie "Athey Mazha Athey Veyyis"
Mst Nirmal Singh Negi ( IX - B) participated in Toral Memorial Major Open Gujarat Badminton Tournament from 5th to 8th July 2012 organised Dist B.K. Gujarat
U -14. Football. Subroto Cup. District level (Daman) - Winner.
Mst. Gaurv Pareekh (VIII - C ) U-14 Chess Winner at Daman District Level.
Ms Binny Naik (VIII-C) U-14 Chess Winner at Daman District Level..